Job Title: Project Manager
Position Type: Full Time
Location: Sarasota, FL
Job Category: Project Management
Applications Accepted By:
This position is an executive level role at Jon F. Swift Construction. As a member of the company’s leadership team, the Project Manager will be very hands on and serve as the client’s main point of contact from procurement, through preconstruction and construction to closeout. This Project Manager is responsible for overall oversight and direction of projects including managing budgets and schedules to meet the client and project’s goals. The ideal candidate will be dependable, highly motivated and efficient with a “CAN DO” attitude.
- Maintain existing client relationships while actively participating in the company’s business development and marketing efforts including RFPs and presentations
- Facilitate and manage all preconstruction and construction activities for projects including scheduling and cost control
- Oversee and manage the processes for preconstruction, budget reviews and construction
- Direct and supervise project team including assistant project managers and superintendents
- Communication with owners, architects and subcontractors related to a project’s schedule, budget, risks and change management as needed
- Provide jobsite leadership in safety and quality
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- 5-7 years of experience supervising complex construction projects
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Construction Management or related field
- Experience estimating and managing on-site construction projects
- Superior ability to multitask, manage time efficiently and work under pressure
- Critical thinking/problem solver – ability to use facts and information to find solutions
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office (Project, Outlook, Word, Excel, and Access), Bluebeam software and financial/accounting software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Experience supervising construction projects valued at $5 million or larger
- K-12 and higher education construction experience
Jon F. Swift Construction offers an excellent compensation package including competitive health and dental benefits, 401k plan, paid time off as well as professional development programs.
Jon F. Swift Construction is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability status.
Jon F. Swift Construction is committed to safety and authenticity. Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.